Friday, January 14, 2011

My New Year's Resolution: Learn Slovio

Slovio is a constructed language, as easy to learn as Esperanto, which is based on the Slavic languages such as Russian, Polish, Czech, Serbian and others. It is said that speakers of these languages can understand you when you speak Slovio to them.

Here is an example of Slovio--- the Lord's Prayer (Our Father):
Nasx otec ktor es om nebes,
Sviatju es tvoi imen,
Tvoi krolenie pridib,
Tvoi vola bu na Zemla takak om nebes,
Darij nams nasx denju hleb,
I uprostij nams nasx grehis,
takak mi uprostime,
tamktor grehijut proti nams,
I ne vestij nams v pokusenie,
no spasij nams ot zlo.

Since normal Slavic languages are WAY too difficult for me to learn, I decided to give Slovio a go, at least for the next two months. I will be blogging about my journey into Slovio if there is anyone interested.....

No comments:

Post a Comment